Southwest Cairn Rescue Outreach
Program offers assistance to individuals who have a dog to re-home by
referring them to qualified individuals who would like to adopt a dog.
We often have many applications without a dog to match the adopters needs.
If you are an independent rescuer or you need to re-home your Cairn Terrier,
then this program can help you. This is a perfect program for a family
needing to find a new home for their Cairn but there is not an immediate
need for placement.
In order to
participate in our Outreach Program, you must comply with the following:
1. Foster or board the dog until
an adequate home is found.
2. Show proof of vaccinations and alteration in writing.
3. Provide us with as much personal history about the dog as possible.
4. Use a Southwest Cairn Rescue contract with an adoption donation set by
Southwest Cairn Rescue.
5. Donate the adoption donation to Southwest Cairn Rescue.
What We Do for You
1. Post your dog on
2. Screen applicants and check references.
3. Provide contract.
4. Perform all communications between owner and adopter and perform
transfer of dog.
5. Complete a home check.
6. Make follow-up calls to new home to ensure a successful adoption.
To place your purebred Cairn
Terrier in our Outreach Program please complete our